Sunday, November 4, 2012

On Week 42 of Project Life

So it has been way too long since I've blogged. I've vowed to be much better and will be uploading past spreads every day this week. I still have weeks 43 and 44 to do, but I just got the photos developed today, so will be working on that during the week.


For this week, I mostly used papers from Dear Lizzy Fifth & Frolic and Crate Paper On Trend as well as a bit from Studio Calico Hey Day and Studio Calico Pretty Party. I loved how they all looked together.


 .
Embellishments were from Studio Calico's September and October kits, as well as Studio Calico wood veneers, Thickers, and washi from my stash



I used lots of repetition this week using MME enamel dots, Amy Tangerine puffy stickers and wood veneers in so many of the slots.



That pink chevron polaroid frame is a Studio Calico stamp that I used with Hero Arts neon pink ink. I loved how it looked. It's such a vibrant pink.


I tend to keep my 3x4 slots pretty simple with just a square photo held on with washi and a label with the date and a brief description. It doesn't take me very long to do this, but I love the way it looks!



I did lots of stamping this week. Mostly Studio Calico, but I love that Elle's Studio "The Best" stamp and use it a ton.


I always sew on my layouts, but I hardly ever do on Project Life because it feels like a lot of work for such small bits. I thought I would try it this week and I love the way it looks! It really didn't take me much time at all, so I'm sure I'll be breaking out the sewing machine a lot more.


My sewing machine is an old one from the 1950's that my mom found for me on Kijiji (like Craigslist). It was $25 and can stitch over Thickers! I really didn't think it would be able to handle it, but I'm so happy it can.


For the leaves, I used some old (maybe 10 years) stamps that my sister gave me. I thought they were perfect for this photo from a fall walk Andy and I went on.

Becky Higgins announced this past week that not only has she teamed up with American Crafts and Project Life products are going to be available at other retailers other than Amazon, but starting in January, there will be a Studio Calico Project Life kit. I only hesitated for about a minute before signing up.



I am so excited about this kit. I love using my own stash to create my weekly spreads, but I think I will be a much more efficient PL'er when I use a set amount of product each week. January can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment