Thursday, October 23, 2014

October Part 2

 
This week was Canadian Thanksgiving and we had some beautiful fall weather, so I wanted to use some fall colours. I focused on blue, orange and green.


Woodgrain thickers are my one of my faves. I have many packs of these! That dymo tape is also neon in real life and I love how bright it is.

 
The 'Automne' wood veneer came in a pack from I think Kesi Art? And I got it in an older Studio Calico kit. It was perfect for a photo of Andy picking apples.

I also included the tag from our turkey as it was the biggest turkey I've ever picked and the card from some flowers our sweet friends brought us. I love including memorabilia in our album. It's so fun and adds great texture and interest, but I'm horrible at remembering to do it, or I feel silly saving stuff like that turkey tag. I'm sure in 40 years when turkeys cost like $75 I'll be glad I kept it.


I cut a piece of vellum to go over this patterned paper to make a pocket. I really need to get my sewing machine fixed so I can sew around the edges.

Do you use your sewing machine on Project Life or do you find it too much of a hassle? When mine was working, I would sew down everything. I think it adds such a nice touch.

1 comment: