Wednesday, January 7, 2015

favourite andy


Every Friday, Kim, the owner of Hip Kit Club, posts a weekend challenge to the Hip Kit Facebook forum. I always have great intentions of participating, however as we are sorely lacking in daylight these days and I work Monday to Friday, I am never able to get a layout finished and photographed in time.... until now that is. 

This weekend's challenge was to use a grid to document some highlights from 2014. Derek and I have talked a few times that I should do a layout using all the photos I take of Andy sleeping. I frequently sneak into his room at night and take photos of him. Especially if Derek is working a late shift, I always go in, take a picture and text it to him. This challenge was the perfect way to document my favourite photos I have taken this year. 


I have wanted those wonky wood veneer stars since they came out and I was never able to find them. I was over the moon when I was able to purchase two packs recently from a woman online at a very reasonable price. I'm pretty sure you're going to be seeing them on basically every project from here on out.


Derek and I like to joke and say that sleeping Andy is our favourite Andy. He is just so sweet, adorable and peaceful when he's sleeping. I can't get enough of it.


This quote is on one of the journalling cards from Crate Paper's Notes & Things line. The card is pink though and just didn't work with this colour scheme. I typed the same sentiment onto a grey shipping tag that I cut to the size I required and then adhered a wood veneer cloud.


My motto usually is "if you don't know what to do, stick a doily on it".


Or stick a gold chipboard camera on it. 

This was such a fun challenge and I was so happy I was finally able to participate. Looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment