Monday, January 19, 2015

the most wintery winter


I have a layout I made for Pinspire Me With Cozy Warmth at Paper Issues. I knew instantly I wanted to do a layout about the ridiculous winter we had last year. It was the coldest, snowiest winter I can remember. I decided to stick to grey, with just a hint of blue and red. And lots and lots of snowflakes. That sums of winter perfectly.


I used a photo I took of my parents' house last winter after a particularly bad snowstorm on a day when I worked and had a horrendous commute home. When I look at this photo I feel all the feelings of last winter.


I used some red chipboard thickers for part of my title, but since they're so big and didn't want my title taking up a ton of space, I hand wrote part of it too. I'm not a big fan of my handwriting, but I also think it's important to have it be part of my scrapbooks.


I used an assortment of wood veneer and silver glitter snowflakes I had in my stash as well as some silver sequins. I just randomly scattered them down the page and liked that it looks like they're snowing.

I really like these Pinspire Me posts as it is so fun to see everyone's take on the mood board. There is a thread on the Paper Issues Friends and Fans Facebook page that everyone posts their projects too and they're all so beautiful and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment