Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Happy Happy Birthday Girl


I am just smitten with Maggie Holmes' new line, Confetti. I have four nieces and I just knew that all the pink, gold glitter and florals in this line would be perfect for layouts about my best girls. While I think this line works great with non-birthday photos, I really wanted to go birthday crazy to start with photos from Ruby Sky's first birthday. 

I am obsessed with the paper I used as the background. It is pink that runs into wood grain and has faded music notes along the top. It's background paper perfection to me. I think I have three more sheets of it and I'm not sure that's going to be enough. :)


My sister made the most beautiful cakes for the party. Yes cakes. There was a smash cake for Ruby Sky and a big cake for the rest of us. The chipboard frame and cake plate die cut were just perfect for the photo and then I tucked a tag under the frame and ran some little bits down the edge.



Those banner pieces are from a cut apart sheet and I layered them beneath my main photo which I placed on top of a card from the ephemera pack that had some gold glitter on it. I cut some of the tickets from this sheet and placed them at the side of my photo with a Thicker 1 on top.



I love the size and font of these wood veneer letters and they're half dipped in gold. So fun.



I just love banners. I hope they never go out of style. I don't usually use so many different alphas (1), (2), (3), (4) for my title, but by sticking with just black and gold, I don't think they compete too much.

I have made two non-birthday themed layouts using photos of my nieces and one 'boy' layout using Confetti that I will be sharing in the coming weeks. This line seems so birthday-ish and pink, but I was surprised at how versatile it has been already. I can't wait to create some more with this line!

There are lots of items from Confetti available in the Paper Issues shop. Use my code 'petitenoonie' to get 20% off your entire order.


No comments:

Post a Comment